Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Happy Father's Day

The kids and I had a meeting trying to decide on what to buy Brian for Father's Day. This was not an easy decision, what do you buy for a father of almost five? Something great, but not to sappy. Anyway, after breaking all the piggy banks in the house, we decided on a John Deere. The kids were so proud of their gift that we attached the key to a mylar balloon and took it to Brian at work along with a "Happy Father's Day" cake. I think the gift made up for the fact that Brian had to work on Father's Day. My Uncle Bobby is grinning ear to ear up in heaven, I wish he could have been here. p.s. Go ahead, laugh it up, all of you who think we don't need a riding lawnmower, but let me ask you - when is the last time you got something you didn't need but really wanted? That's what I thought. p.s.s. I stand corrected, it's a tractor that mows grass - not just your average lawn mower.

No comments: